- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or "outgas." As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here's where StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors make a big difference. StopTech SportStop Slotted Brake Rotors are a true performance rotor and feature:
* Power Alloy castings (on select applications)
- Engineered Performance Rotor
- Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress
- Increased molybdenum (higher carbon)content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues
- Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech
* Introducing directional curve vane design (on select applications)
- Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors
- Center split castings
* New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
* Direct OE Replacement
* Improved wet weather response
* Increased initial “bite”
* Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in
* Mill balanced
* Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors
* Enhances open wheel appearance